The Hilton Prize Coalition seeks to share the collective expertise of its members, each of whom is a best-in-class organization that has been recognized for its profound achievements and leadership in the global humanitarian community. In this section, you will find links to resources on a variety of topics relevant to humanitarian work, with special emphasis on the specializations of Laureate organizations. Best practices and other curated content will be offered under the thematic categories below.
Facing the Refugee Crisis
- ARTICLE: “Mobilizing for a Century of Dislocation,” from The Hilton Foundation, July 2017
- REPORT: “Refugee Compacts: Addressing the Crisis of Protracted Development,” prepared by the Center for Global Development and the International Rescue Committee, April 2017.
- REPORT: “Hidden Victims of the Syrian Crisis: Disabled, Injured, and Older Refugees,” jointly published from Hilton Prize Coalition members HelpAge International and Handicap International, 2014.
- ARTICLE: “Building and Managing Effective Collaborations for the World’s Most Vulnerable,” from Philanthropy News Digest, February 2017.
- ARTICLE: “Why Collaboration Will Be Key to Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals,” from the World Economic Forum, February 2017.
- VIDEO: “Storytelling and Collaboration Among Aid Organizations,” from Devex, June 2016.
- REPORT: “Unlocking the Power of Partnership” from KPMG International, February 2016.
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Storytelling Program’s Collaborative Model
The Humanitarian Continuum
- REPORT: “Roles for Philanthropy in the Humanitarian Sector,” by Dalberg Global Development Advisor, commissioned by The Hilton Foundation, August 2017
- REPORT: “2017 Global NGO Online Technology Report,” conducted by Public Interest Registry and Non Profit Tech for Good, February 2017.
- REPORT: “Global Trends: Paradox of Progress,” from the National Intelligence Council, January 2017.
- PAPER: “10 Things to Know about How to Influence Policy with Research,” from The Overseas Development Institute (ODI), January 2017.
- ARTICLE: “The Hilton Prize Offers Important Lessons for Foundations,” from The Chronicle of Philanthropy, October 2015.
Disaster Relief and Resiliency
- ARTICLE: “Disability Inclusion in Climate-Related Disaster Preparation,” from the HPC Blog, authored by Marcie Roth of the Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS), September 2017.
- ARTICLE: “4 Recommendations to Prepare for Climate-Related Migration,” from Devex, authored by Jennifer Duncan of Landesa and Ashley Toombs of BRAC USA, June 2017.
- ISSUE BRIEF: “Vanishing Land: Climate Change, Slow-Onset Disasters, and Land Rights,” the product of a collaboration between Hilton Prize Coalition members Landesa and BRAC through the Coalition’s Collaborative Models Program, June 2017.
- FILM: “On Shifting Ground.” This short documentary brings together six Hilton Prize Coalition member organizations to share their experiences before, during and after the 2015 earthquake in Nepal, offering lessons learned about disaster preparation and community resiliency.
Health, Wellness and Quality of Life
- GUIDELINES: “Longer, Healthier Lives” is a series of guidelines and best practices produced under a partnership between Fountain House and the World Health Organization (WHO) to extend and improve the quality of life for people living with mental illness. Resources include articles, reports and upcoming events.
- Learn how The Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows Program supports young professionals working within or alongside Hilton Prize Laureate organizations.
- ARTICLE: “5 Reasons a Short Term Fellowship Promotes Long Term Job Security,” from ProFellow, April 2016.
- Free online training courses for humanitarian workers and volunteers from disasterready.org.
We will be updating this page regularly. Hilton Prize Coalition members and friends are invited to provide content; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.