The Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows Program seeks to develop a robust pipeline of leaders who possess not only subject matter skills and expertise, but also the soft leadership skills needed to succeed in the workplace, and who understand and value the importance of collaboration for humanitarian and development organizations to increase effectiveness throughout the sector.
Fellows engage in myriad ways with a variety of topics that span the international development and humanitarian sectors. Past placements have supported Coalition member projects in more than 11 countries across four continents. Fellows have completed desk research on women’s land rights, data collection around intergenerational health policy, and fieldwork for nutrition innovation in West Africa, among other projects.
Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows have the opportunity to work alongside one or more Coalition member organization and, upon successful completion of the program, join other program participants in the Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows Alumni Network.
Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows have demonstrated high potential by making significant early-career contributions to their organizations and to the field overall both during and following their placements.
Key program elements
Through the unique expertise of each Coalition member, the Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows Program offers unparalleled opportunities to students, young professionals, developing leaders, and established professionals in the sector. The program is characterized by several unique attributes including:
- Access to leadership, mentorship, and cross-cultural opportunities at best-in-class organizations
- Direct exposure to Coalition member programs in the U.S. and abroad
- Collaborative professional development through the Alumni Network and speaking opportunities
- Online training for humanitarian workers through DisasterReady
- Communication skills–building through opportunities to author blogs