The Hilton Prize Coalition seeks to share the collective expertise of its members, each of whom is a best-in-class organization that has been recognized for its profound achievements and leadership in the global humanitarian community. In this section, you will find links to resources on a variety of topics relevant to humanitarian work, with special emphasis on the specializations of Laureate organizations. Best practices and other curated content will be offered under the thematic categories below.
Leading Thoughts Video Storytelling Series
This series of short videos features leaders from Laureate organizations reflecting on lessons they’ve learned, both in their current roles and from their experiences in the field.
- “A Contact Sport” Kathy and Bill Magee, Operation Smile
- “Collaboration and Crisis” Jeff Meer, Humanity & InclusionUS
- “Collaboration through Storytelling” Lynn Croneberger, SOS Children’s Villages, US
- “Cultures of Care” Shaun O’Leary and Heather Richardson, St. Christopher’s Hospice
- “Dignifying Lives” Pierre Ferrari, Heifer International
- “Gateways to Health” Dr. Dave Ross, The Task Force for Global Health
- “Lessons from Haiti” Lynn Croneberger, SOS Children’s Villages, US
- “Local Trends: Challenge or Opportunity?” Laurie Adams, Women for Women International
- “Mechanics of Collaboration” Sharad Aggarwal, BRAC
- “Not Only Children” Lynn Croneberger, SOS Children’s Villages, US
- “Overlapping Opportunities” Lynn Croneberger, SOS Children’s Villages, US
- “Prepared to Lead” Pierre Ferrari, Heifer International
- “Seen and Unheard” Kenn Dudek, Fountain House
- “This Land” Chris Jochnick, Landesa
- “Trauma, Treatment and Transition” Victor Madrigal-Boroz, The International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT)
- “Water. Clean Water” Pierre Ferrari, Heifer International
- “What’s in a Name?” Jeff Meer, Humanity & Inclusion US
- “What’s Your Story?” Steve Davis, PATH
- “When the Truce Ends” Laurie Adams, Women for Women International
Facing the Refugee Crisis
- VIDEO SERIES: Refuge, A production of the Hilton Prize Coalition Storytelling Program
- ARTICLE: “Mobilizing for a Century of Dislocation,” from The Hilton Foundation, July 2017
- REPORT: “Refugee Compacts: Addressing the Crisis of Protracted Development,” prepared by the Center for Global Development and the International Rescue Committee, April 2017.
- REPORT: “Hidden Victims of the Syrian Crisis: Disabled, Injured, and Older Refugees,” jointly published from Hilton Prize Coalition members HelpAge International and Handicap International, 2014.
- ARTICLE: “Rethinking rice: how a collaborative approach to fortification can reduce malnutrition in Myanmar,” from Philanthropy Journal, April 2018.
- ARTICLE: “Building and Managing Effective Collaborations for the World’s Most Vulnerable,” from Philanthropy News Digest, February 2017.
- ARTICLE: “Why Collaboration Will Be Key to Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals,” from the World Economic Forum, February 2017.
- VIDEO: “Storytelling and Collaboration Among Aid Organizations,” from Devex, June 2016.
- REPORT: “Unlocking the Power of Partnership” from KPMG International, February 2016.
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Storytelling Program’s Collaborative Model
The Humanitarian Continuum
- ARTICLE: “Blockchain Insider: Desiree Dickerson,” on Medium, featuring Hilton Prize Coalition Fellow at Women for Women International Desiree Dickerson, January 2018
- REPORT: “Roles for Philanthropy in the Humanitarian Sector,” by Dalberg Global Development Advisor, commissioned by The Hilton Foundation, August 2017
- REPORT: “2018 Global NGO Online Technology Report,” conducted by Public Interest Registry and Non Profit Tech for Good, February 2018
- REPORT: “Global Trends: Paradox of Progress,” from the National Intelligence Council, January 2017
- PAPER: “10 Things to Know about How to Influence Policy with Research,” from The Overseas Development Institute (ODI), January 2017
- ARTICLE: “The Hilton Prize Offers Important Lessons for Foundations,” from The Chronicle of Philanthropy, October 2015
Disaster Relief and Resiliency
- ARTICLE: “Disability Inclusion in Climate-Related Disaster Preparation,” from the HPC Blog, authored by Marcie Roth of the Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS), September 2017
- ARTICLE: “4 Recommendations to Prepare for Climate-Related Migration,” from Devex, authored by Jennifer Duncan of Landesa and Ashley Toombs of BRAC USA, June 2017
- ISSUE BRIEF: “Vanishing Land: Climate Change, Slow-Onset Disasters, and Land Rights,” the product of a collaboration between Hilton Prize Coalition members Landesa and BRAC through the Coalition’s Collaborative Models Program, June 2017
- FILM: “On Shifting Ground.” This short documentary brings together six Hilton Prize Coalition member organizations to share their experiences before, during and after the 2015 earthquake in Nepal, offering lessons learned about disaster preparation and community resiliency
Health, Wellness and Quality of Life
- STANDARDS: “Humanitarian Inclusion Standards for Older People and People with Disabilities“consist of nine key inclusion standards and seven sector-specific standards, designed to work in conjunction with the Sphere Humanitarian Standards and the Core Humanitarian Standard for Quality of Life. The Standards were developed by the Age and Disability Capacity Program and funded by the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID), and launched at an event cohosted by Coalition members HelpAge International and Humanities & Inclusion.
- GUIDELINES: “Longer, Healthier Lives” is a series of guidelines and best practices produced under a partnership between Fountain House and the World Health Organization (WHO) to extend and improve the quality of life for people living with mental illness. Resources include articles, reports and upcoming events.
- ARTICLE: “5 Tips for a Successful Internship Program,” Devex, January 2018
- Learn how The Hilton Prize Coalition Fellows Program supports young professionals working within or alongside Hilton Prize Laureate organizations
- ARTICLE: “5 Reasons a Short Term Fellowship Promotes Long Term Job Security,” from ProFellow, April 2016.
- Free online training courses for humanitarian workers and volunteers from disasterready.org
We will be updating this page regularly. Hilton Prize Coalition members and friends are invited to provide content; please email email@example.com